background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Somebody's Birthday!


Today is a very special day for a very sweet friend of mine.  Cara is 22 years old!  22 sounds so grown up to me... and Cara is very much categorized into a grown-up to me.  She is a married, done with school and working woman - and most recently, a mama to a beautiful baby girl!  Cara and I have been friends since my family moved to Leander when we were 4 years old, meaning our friendship is on it's 18th year - so crazy!  We grew up going to each others birthday parties and now that we are older and don't really have parties, I want to make sure Cara feels extra special on this day.


Here are a few things I LOVE about Cara:
  •   Cara is loyal.  She will stick to your side and be your friend no matter what.  She is a great, dependable and loving best friend!
  • She is gorgeous. No, really.  She is so so beautiful on the outside. Her hair and makeup always look amazing, even with a 4 month old! But what makes her even more beautiful is her heart.  She is true and genuine and a friend to all!
  • She is honest.  I can ask Cara questions about anything and she will tell me what she thinks with all honesty without being harsh. I love that about her!
  • She's a family girl.  Cara has her family on her top priority list and she would do anything for her family.  She is a great wife, daughter, sister, cousin, etc...
  • She still watches Disney channel and enjoys it :)
  • She is a brand new mommy and her devotion to Erin is amazing! Everything she does and chooses in her life revolves around her love for Erin. I hope I am the amazing, cute and young mom that she is one day.
  • Cara and I cheered together in elementary school, middle school and high school.  Cara was the Captain of our high school team and I was the Co-Captain our senior year and we had the best time!  I think our personalities work really well together.  We balance each other out and I think that's one reason why I love her so much!
  • Cara loves the Lord.  Her life is devoted to following Him and His will for her life. 

I am so thankful for such a wonderful friend! No matter how much we see each other or talk on the phone, when we get to actually see each other and spend time doing fun things, it's like we were never apart! What more could you ask for in a friendship?  Love you, Cara, and I hope your birthday was as sweet as you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment