background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

2 years

 June 26th, 2010

2 years ago we stood in front of our closest family and friends to promise our love to one another.



We vowed to love each other no matter what came our way in life,

 to serve Christ by serving each other,





  and to commit to each other spiritually, emotionally, and physically.



  2 years ago I married my best friend, my strength. I married the man God picked just for me.





     The pure joy, love and excitement that embodied that day are still fresh in my heart.


The sweet, sweet memories of that day will never leave my mind.


Trevor took me to a local restaurant for our anniversary date, a fancy little place called Stella's. Neither of us had been there so it was a fun treat for the occasion! Trevor had an Italian pizza that was delicious, and I had grilled pork tenderloin with apricot glaze- so good.  After dinner we came home, ate homemade vanilla Blue Bell with caramel and Hershey's chocolate, got cozy on the couch and popped in our wedding DVD.  We giggled at the funny things that happened and smiled from ear to ear while listening to those vows we told each other 2 years ago.  I am so very thankful for marriage the way God intended it to be.  Constant companionship throughout life is such a treasured blessing to me.  

My prayer for the next year of our marriage is that we would be an example to others of what a christian marriage should look like- selfless, serving, and forgiving.  

I am really looking forward to year #3. I wonder what will come our way this year?  New friends, challenges, blessings, jobs?  Whatever it is, I pray that we would seek the Lord and call upon HIM in our times of need, but also in times of praise.  Thank you Lord, for sweet blessings!

Anna

1 comment: